Friday, November 25, 2022

Natalie Coffin Green Park, Ross California, with Rora: November 19, 2022

 Natalie Coffin Green is a good fall back plan because you can do many different hikes from the starting point, Phoenix Lake.  I tend to go there with my East Bay friends–particularly Saied, Christina, Jeanette–because it is a good half-way point between us. On this occasion, I scooped up my friend Rora who lives on the way.  The leaves were changing, which was a bit surprising considering how dry the trees have been.  (We do not get an intense saturation of color like on the East Coast, but the further inland you go, the more color you get.) It was reassuring to see more water in the reservoir this autumn than last.  

Click for larger images. 

Copyright Casondra Sobieralski 2022.













It was getting dark for this shot, and opening my camera to 2000 ISO still left me with some blur. (This was kinda surprising considering I have cranked the ISO up to 3000 in caves so dark I cannot see my own hands, and got great results.)

 But I like that this shot of trees starts hedging towards abstraction with the patches of color, not too sharp.  --like it would make a nice abstract painting if I had space to paint. 

But I don't, so if anyone wants to paint this and send me a snapshot, go for it. :)



 

No comments:

Post a Comment