Thursday, September 1, 2016

September 9, 2015: Skopelos Goat Farm, Greece

Copyright Casondra Sobieralski, 2015.  Please contact photographer for permission to use.

This batch of photos represents my sixteenth day's exploration of the Island of Skopelos, where I did a 2.5 week artist-in-residency at the ever-enchanting Skopelos Foundation for the Arts
I was really there to do a video installation, so these photos were just my way of exploring and establishing a sense of place.

Remember, you can click on these thumbnails to see large versions.



My former housemate Thea, pictured in the white shirt below, has been going to the island of Skopelos for over 24 years. She, however, stays with friends in the town of Glossa, and I stayed in the town of Skopelos at the arts foundation.

  Thea introduced me to her friend Tom, in the checkered shirt below. Tom runs a sustainability nonprofit on the island.  And his friend, in the blue shirt, runs a sustainable goat farm.  (The man in the red shirt is a farm helper from Romania, as is the man pictured far below.)

At the farm we got to sample the best goat cheeses I ever had!  --many varieties, soft cheeses and hard, tangy, earthy, and sweet.  --all made by hand.  


























Got 11 minutes, 6 seconds? See the video I installed at SkopArts. Installation was life size: https://vimeo.com/139816791 

No comments:

Post a Comment