Thursday, September 1, 2016

September 11, 2015:  Near Skopelos Foundation for the Arts and Our Art Show Within

Copyright Casondra Sobieralski, 2015.  Please contact photographer for permission to use.

This batch of photos represents my sixteenth day's exploration of the Island of Skopelos, where I did a 2.5 week artist-in-residency at the ever-enchanting Skopelos Foundation for the Arts
I was really there to do a video installation, so these photos were just my way of exploring and establishing a sense of place.



This page represents a day of exploring architecture around SkopArts, then documentation of our group show at the foundation, then going BACK out after dark to photograph more architecture.  

So it is a long page, but keep going because it is my favorite page of the batch!  :)


Remember, you can click on these thumbnails to see large versions. I suggest it for this page especially because there is so much texture to zoom in on. 



Architecture and landscape around SkopArts...















































Photos from our community art show at SkopArts...
























Here I did a collaboration with a ceramics student, Elaine.  Elaine is an architect, so she was exploring architectural elements of the island to translate into her pieces.  I happened to have some audio of an echoing conversation between a little girl and a mom near some stairs.  We mashed it up...





















My video installation!  :)









More of my video installation! :)





After the show, I did some night photography experiments.  I like the way these turned out because they evoke theatre sets. I like the drama, and that sense of not being sure if the scenes are real or staged.























Got 11 minutes, 6 seconds? See the video I installed at SkopArts. Installation was life size: https://vimeo.com/139816791 

No comments:

Post a Comment